At the Shrine of the Immaculate Conception, it announces a “bold faith” lived by a “bold church.” And that’s how it’s been since it began. The parish recently marked its 175th anniversary.
By GEORGIA BULLETIN STAFF
Published November 30, 2023
Advent begins Sunday, Dec. 3 and is the beginning of a new liturgical year. Symbolized by the color purple, the season of Advent includes the four Sundays and weekdays leading up to Christmas. From penance services to programs of lessons and carols, here’s a sampling of events marking this season of reflection.
By ANDREW NELSON, Staff Writer
Published November 16, 2023
In October 1998, Mother of God Ukrainian Catholic Church, east of Atlanta, was dedicated to serve the region’s Ukrainian immigrant community. There are about 200 members of the church, half of them with ties to Ukraine.
By NICHOLE GOLDEN, Editor
Published November 7, 2023
On Oct. 16, Attorney General Chris Carr warned Georgians of an imposter scam targeting faith-based communities. In the scams, fraudsters pose as religious leaders to try and trick parishioners and congregants into sending them money.
More Parishes articles
- Parish Milestone: Holy Family Church at 50 years
- Advocates urge canonization for the ‘Saintly Six’ Black Catholic pioneers
- Emily Wilson shares message of being rooted in Christ at UGA visit
- Mary Our Queen celebrates feast day
- A day of childhood games for young adults
- Bringing diverse people of God together through his Body and Blood
- Eucharistic procession bridges spiritual and the literal, says St. Aelred pastor
- Parishes announces eucharistic processions for Feast of Corpus Christi
- New spiritual leaders to take up ministries at parishes in Atlanta Archdiocese
- UGA students travel to Peru for service
- AACCW honors contributions of women, youth at Recognition Day
- Cathedral’s Tenebrae a solemn prayer service
- Fish fry season a time for fellowship
- St. Brendan’s shroud exhibit offers story of hope