As a composer, Tony Alonso has more than 20 collections of music to his name. His newest work honors his Cuban roots and has been nominated for a Latin Grammy in the Best Christian Album category.
By GRETCHEN KEISER, Special to the Bulletin
Published December 1, 2020
The Magnificat ministry in the archdiocese, which has not been able to hold the Magnificat meal for women since March, has stepped out in faith, creating virtual events with speakers Bishop Bernard Shlesinger and Father Tim Hepburn. Both of the videos can be seen on the YouTube channel of the Magnificat Joyful Visitation chapter.
By SAMANTHA SMITH, Staff Writer
Published November 26, 2020
Dr. Fred Jabaley, a cradle Catholic and dentist, bought farmland for his family on Old Alabama Road in 1973. Years later, the land and some surrounding it would become the home of St. Brigid Church and Holy Redeemer School in Johns Creek, and more recently the parish columbarium.
Published November 13, 2020
Deacon Jerry Connell of St. Anna Church died peacefully on Nov. 3 at his home in Monroe. He was 85 years old.
More People articles
- Bill Shlesinger, father of Bishop Shlesinger, dies October 25
- Deacon Thomas McGrane dies October 15
- Former St. Gabriel deacon dies October 16
- Community reacts with joy to former archbishop’s elevation to cardinal
- A sense of community can help those grieving in a pandemic
- Trappist brother dies September 27
- Archbishop Hartmayer celebrates pallium Mass with family, friends
- Kellie DesOrmeaux serving others as associate school superintendent
- Meet the new CEO of St. Vincent de Paul Georgia
- Ideals of St. Francis of Assisi showcased in prayer and song at pallium Mass
- Archbishop Hartmayer receives sacred pallium
- Atlanta seminarians provide aid, comfort to hurricane victims
- Father Michael Hogan dies August 24
- Fransalian priest, who served in Atlanta, dies August 18