Organizers of the “Angels Unawares” sculpture display at Holy Spirit Preparatory School in Atlanta are hoping Catholics will invite members of the community at large to see the monument to migration.
By GEORGIA BULLETIN STAFF
Published January 21, 2021
For Ash Wednesday, Feb. 17, Archbishop Gregory J. Hartmayer, OFM Conv., asks priests to sprinkle ashes on the heads of penitents instead of tracing a cross on each person’s forehead.
By ANDREW NELSON, Staff Writer
Published December 24, 2020
At St. Thomas the Apostle parish, the Our Lady of Guadalupe festival moved primarily online for a 24-hour celebration. Organizers said a global audience of tens of thousands watched from Africa and Asia to Mexico and Brazil.
By JACK PLANCHARD, Special to the Bulletin
Published December 11, 2020
Each fall, the Knights of Columbus Council 14181 at Good Samaritan Church holds a drive to collect enough food to feed approximately 100 needy families a Thanksgiving meal. The tradition continued with some pandemic revisions.
More Parishes articles
- Dance, music ministry leaders leave legacies worldwide
- Faith-filled home becomes a home for faithful in Johns Creek
- Memorial Garden, columbarium at Johns Creek parish a place for prayer
- OSV presenting offertory stabilization program to parishes
- Central Night Shelter volunteers serve homeless amid pandemic
- Harnessing the power of prayer at St. Jude the Apostle Church
- Parish Milestones: St. Patrick Church, Norcross, celebrates 50 years
- Milagro Movil hits the road to bring Christ’s peace to families
- Atlanta parishes making environmental inroads
- Atlanta Catholics remain faithful in pandemic
- Sunday Mass dispensation extended until further notice
- Bishop Shlesinger to open series on Catholic social teaching
- Shroud of Turin replica arrives in Atlanta Archdiocese
- Children with disabilities receive sacraments at CTK Mission