On Nov. 28, an estimated 4,000 people witnessed the dedication of Holy Vietnamese Martyrs Church, a towering building with roofs of sweeping overhanging eaves.
By NICHOLE GOLDEN
Published December 26, 2019
In November, the month in which Catholics traditionally pray for the dead, parishioners of Good Shepherd Church attended the dedication of the parish’s columbarium.
By MICHAEL ALEXANDER
Published December 23, 2019
In the tradition of Orthodox Christianity, icons are said to be written because making them is not a form of art but more a form of prayer, with God guiding the hand of the iconographer.
By ANDREW NELSON, Staff Writer
Published December 12, 2019
Some 216 senior citizens were the VIP guests at the annual Christmas luncheon at St. Michael the Archangel Church on Friday, Dec. 6.
More Parishes articles
- Penance services mark the Advent season
- St. Augustine of Hippo Church marks 60 years
- CTK community looking ahead to Hyland Center dedication
- Local parish celebrates contributions of African American Catholics
- Two rural parishes combine resources to serve teens
- Parish business manager earns master’s degree in church management
- Lilburn mission breaks ground on education building
- Spiritual child of St. Padre Pio visits Peachtree City
- Athens parish launches faith formation for students with disabilities
- St. John the Evangelist parishioner celebrates 100th
- St. George breaks ground on new rectory
- IHM community closes 60th anniversary year with day of service
- Dedication of Mary Our Queen Church a celebration of old and new
- Good Shepherd breaks ground on columbarium project