Georgia Bulletin

The Newspaper of the Catholic Archdiocese of Atlanta

Parishes
  • The new $25 million, 48,500-square-foot Hyland Center at the Cathedral of Christ the King, Atlanta, serves the church and its parish school. The new structure is three times the size of the original center that opened in 1952. Photo By Michael Alexander
  • Seventh grade students study outside on the Hyland Center's greens space, known as the East Wesley Lawn, on a balmy October day. Photo By Michael Alexander
  • As Msgr. Francis McNamee, far right, rector of the Cathedral of Christ the King, Atlanta, gives a tour of the new Hyland Center to Father Paul A. Kaplanis, dean of the Greek Orthodox Cathedral of the Annunciation, Atlanta, they stop and chat with some middle school students working in the hall by a window overlooking the center's green space. Photo By Michael Alexander
  • On Oct. 24, students work in Sara Hric's middle school math class. This is one of eight new classrooms that also serves as meeting space for parish ministries. Photo By Michael Alexander
  • Students make use of the gymnasium inside the Cathedral of Christ the King's new Hyland Center during a physical education class. The wood surrounding the cross below is from the bleachers in the original Hyland Center. Photo By Michael Alexander

The new $25 million, 48,500-square-foot Hyland Center at the Cathedral of Christ the King, Atlanta, serves the church and its parish school. The new structure is three times the size of the original center that opened in 1952. Photo By Michael Alexander


Atlanta

CTK community looking ahead to Hyland Center dedication

The new $25 million Hyland Center is to be dedicated on Sunday, Nov. 24, the latest addition to the campus of the Cathedral of Christ the King.