Pope Francis formally declared five new saints for the Catholic Church Oct. 13 including St. John Henry Newman.
By CINDY WOODEN, Catholic News Service
Published October 9, 2019
Guinean Cardinal Robert Sarah, prefect of the Congregation for Divine Worship and the Sacraments, said the people who portray him as an opponent of Pope Francis are being used by the devil to help divide the church.
By JUNNO AROCHO ESTEVES, Catholic News Service
Published September 24, 2019
The international community must ramp up its efforts if it expects to mitigate the negative effects of climate change, Pope Francis said in a video message sent Sept. 23 to participants at the U.N. Climate Action Summit.
By CAROL GLATZ, Catholic News Service
Published September 19, 2019
A delegation of U.S. bishops and laypeople came to Rome to share with Pope Francis and Vatican officials the joyful experiences and valuable recommendations that came out of last year’s Fifth National Encuentro.
More Vatican articles
- Lofty titles do not guarantee entrance to heaven, pope says
- Spirituality of silence is a journey toward God, priest says
- Vatican confirms Medjugorje approval by joining youth festival
- Christian community a place of welcome, solidarity, pope says
- Catholic minorities can still change the world, pope says
- Papal document addresses challenges of evangelizing in the digital age
- ‘Spiritual combat’ must be part of fight against sex abuse, pope says
- Some traditional formalities do not ring true with Pope Francis
- Worn marble steps of Holy Stairs to be uncovered for public to climb
- Faith and flowers: Special rules keep God’s house simply beautiful
- Cardinal: Can the church step up, lead way in protecting children?
- Religious superiors admit denial, slowness to act against abuse
- Streaming video, resources for the Vatican Summit on the Protection of Minors in the Church
- Pope: Respect, dialogue key for peace between Christians, Muslims