The National Eucharistic Pilgrimage is a major prelude to the National Eucharistic Congress, which expects to bring together tens of thousands of Catholics July 17-21 in Indianapolis. The pilgrimage will make seven stops within the Archdiocese of Atlanta in June.
By MARIA WIERING, OSV News
Published January 25, 2024
With the National Eucharistic Revival underway, many U.S. dioceses have launched or revived local eucharistic congresses, with single or multi-day events organized around devotion and catechesis. Atlanta’s long-running congress has served as a model for others.
By OSV News
Published January 17, 2024
“Our prayers, sacrifices, and efforts to protect human life have never been more essential,” Bishop Michael F. Burbidge of Arlington, Virginia, said in a statement to mark the Jan. 22 anniversary of the Roe v. Wade decision.
Published November 20, 2023
Archbishop Gregory J. Hartmayer, OFM Conv., sent a letter of condolence to President Jimmy Carter and his family upon learning of the death of Former First Lady Rosalynn Carter Nov. 19.
More National News articles
- US bishops’ meeting shows united front on mission but no clear synod action plan
- Georgia Supreme Court allows ‘heartbeat’ abortion ban to stand for now
- Franciscan friars unify nationwide, form Our Lady of Guadalupe province in Atlanta
- U.S. bishops pray for peace following Hamas’ attack on Israel
- U.S. delegates say prayer is key to synod
- New York cardinal: Let us remember 9/11 but not forget the day after
- Global status of religious liberty ‘dire,’ House lawmakers warn
- Abuse allegations down, but challenges remain, say US bishops in report
- Pro-lifers call for action at ‘National Celebrate Life Day’ rally on Dobbs anniversary
- U.S. bishops advance initiatives to strengthen church amid discussions on Eucharist, priesthood, synodality
- Experts hope for progress on health care, disability ministry and Hispanic Catholics at U.S. bishops’ June meeting
- Pro-life activists mark Dobbs’ first anniversary, advocate for pregnancy support
- National Eucharistic Pilgrimage connects Catholics to 2024 Congress
- Archbishop Hartmayer speaks on behalf of Catholic Communication Campaign