Cardinal Daniel DiNardo, president of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, urges prayers and support for the victims of Hurricane Dorian in the Bahamas as the storm moves towards the coastline of the southeastern United States.
By PRISCILLA GREEAR, Special to the Bulletin
Published December 26, 2019
Reaching families facing poverty, disease and disaster in the West’s most forgotten crevices, international charities Malteser International Americas (MIA) and Catholic Relief Services (CRS) invite Georgians to give life and support humanitarian missions to their hemispheric neighbors in crisis.
By CINDY WOODEN, Catholic News Service
Published October 9, 2019
Guinean Cardinal Robert Sarah, prefect of the Congregation for Divine Worship and the Sacraments, said the people who portray him as an opponent of Pope Francis are being used by the devil to help divide the church.
By CATHERINE SHEEHAN, Catholic News Service
Published July 30, 2019
A woman who spent 20 years imprisoned in China for being a faithful Catholic has helped hundreds of Chinese migrants convert to the faith in Australia.
More World News articles
- In recalling soldiers’ D-Day sacrifice, archbishop prays for world peace
- Cardinal criticizes Sri Lankan government for not taking precautions
- Hope from the ashes: President, archbishop vow to rebuild Notre Dame
- Blaze erupts at Paris’ iconic Notre Dame Cathedral; cause unknown
- African floods ‘wiped out entire villages’ after cyclone, says Jesuit
- Malteser International helping Venezuelan refugees
- Streaming video, resources for the Vatican Summit on the Protection of Minors in the Church
- Pope: Respect, dialogue key for peace between Christians, Muslims
- Pope calls for peace in Venezuela, denounces Philippine church bombing
- Vatican publication looks at ways to raise profile of women in the church
- Sister Wendy Beckett, art critic and British TV star, dies at 88
- After 25 years, Alaska priest still loves his Russian Far East mission
- Pope leads prayers for peace in ‘tormented’ Syria
- Stay close to the suffering, forgive one another, pope tells Latvians