The Easter liturgies–with the fire, sharing of light from the paschal candle, the renewal of baptismal promises and the proclamation that Jesus has risen–assure people that it is never too late to start again, Pope Francis said.
By CAROL GLATZ, Catholic News Service
Published April 16, 2021
To help foster a wider discussion on work that still must be done to safeguard minors and vulnerable people in the church, a canon law journal published a series of talks by experts regarding accountability, transparency and confidentiality in the handling of abuse allegations.
By CINDY WOODEN, Catholic News Service
Published April 2, 2021
As Pope Francis presided over the Liturgy of the Lord’s Passion, the preacher of the papal household called on bishops and all Catholics to examine their consciences for ways they may be harming the unity of the church.
By PRISCILLA GREEAR, Special to the Bulletin
Published March 18, 2021
Retired U.S. Army Reserve Maj. Gen Thomas Wessels of Atlanta invites Catholics to deepen their Lenten experience by joining Malteser International Americas’ mission to uplift the hemisphere’s poorest.
More World News articles
- Returning from Iraq, pope talks about ‘risks’ taken on trip
- Life triumphs over death as Christians rebuild in Iraq, pope says
- Franciscans mark 600 years as guardians of Christendom’s most sacred sites
- Pope plans to visit Iraq in March
- Pope creates 13 new cardinals, including Washington archbishop
- Beatified teen showed that heaven is ‘attainable goal,’ cardinal says
- Pope to take his post-pandemic pleas to global stage
- Georgia Tech students partner with CRS to reduce fleet emissions
- Common good, not greed, must motivate search for vaccine, pope says
- Making the poor a priority isn’t political, it’s the Gospel, pope says
- Lebanon’s Catholic leaders seek help; here’s where to donate
- Pope, U.S. bishops ‘saddened’ by Turkish court ruling on Hagia Sophia
- Aid agencies warn of Yemen’s health care collapse, famine risk
- Georgia-born nonprofit labors with Nicaraguans to improve conditions