Sister M. Valentina Sheridan (Theresa), RSM, died peacefully in her sleep on Jan. 14 at Mercy Convent in Savannah. She was 88 years old. Sister Val worked for a number of years in the Archdiocese of Atlanta in both education and pastoral care.
Published July 5, 2020
Sister Carmen Gordillo died Friday, May 29 in Atlanta. She was a Missionary Sister of the Sacred Heart of Jesus serving at St. Mary’s Church, Rome.
Published May 30, 2019
Bishop Joel M. Konzen ordained three men to the transitional diaconate May 25 at the Cathedral of Christ the King.
By ANDREW NELSON, firstname.lastname@example.org
Published January 31, 2019
ATLANTA—Eight men were ordained to serve as permanent deacons in the Archdiocese of Atlanta on Saturday, Jan. 26 at the Cathedral of Christ the King. Speaking before the congregation and the men, Atlanta Archbishop Wilton D. Gregory charged the deacons to fulfill their ministries as “icons of Christ the servant.” Their ministry in the diaconate […] Full Story | En Español
More Religious Life articles
- Trappist monks ordained as transitional deacons amid joy of Advent
- ‘Sister of Selma’ and Atlanta Catholic education leader dies Jan. 2
- Through lives of devoted service, sisters bring the faith to the people
- New Visitation Monastery superior left pharmacy career for cloister
- No secret: Last three popes share close bond to Fatima
- Jesuit priest, Father Jack Vessels, dies at 90
- Lay Dominicans pursue vocation to preach through their everyday lives
- Atlantan among sisters sent to Ireland to evangelize
- Sister of Mercy takes first vows
- St. Teresa of Kolkata will always be ‘Mother’ Teresa, pope says
- Sisters spread joy of sainthood of Mother Teresa
- Black women faced racism in pursuing religious life, says speaker
- Women religious at assembly urged to face crisis with contemplation
- Sister hears ‘late-in-life’ call to serve prisoners, poor