Published January 8, 2015
The Georgia Bulletin staff has compiled this brief quiz with interesting facts about Archbishop Wilton Gregory, to see how much Catholics know about our spiritual leader.
The first five people to sign up for the Georgia Bulletin Facebook page and send us a private message with the correct answers will receive one of our beautiful Hail Mary posters and a mention in the next issue of The Georgia Bulletin. You can find us at www.facebook.com/GeorgiaBulletin.
Ready to take the challenge? Start now …
1. What denomination was Archbishop Gregory before he became Catholic?
c) Nondenominational Christian
2. In what south side Chicago neighborhood did Archbishop Gregory grow up?
b) Hyde Park
3. What is Archbishop Gregory’s favorite Atlanta restaurant?
b) Veni, Vidi, Vici
d) Atlanta Fish Market
4. What year was Archbishop Gregory ordained a priest?
5. Who is Archbishop Gregory’s favorite female vocalist?
a) Barbra Streisand
b) Sarah Vaughn
c) Ella Fitzgerald
d) Peggy Lee
6. What is Archbishop Gregory’s favorite spot for vacations?
a) Maui, Hawaii
b) Palm Springs, California
c) Naples, Florida
d) San Diego, California
7. What is Archbishop Gregory’s favorite book?
a) “The Seven Storey Mountain,” Thomas Merton
b) “Autobiography of Malcolm X,” Malcolm X
c) “To Kill a Mockingbird,” Harper Lee
d) “Journal of a Soul,” John XXIII
8. What is Archbishop Gregory’s favorite Scripture?
a) Romans 14:8
b) John 1:1
c) Psalm 23
d) 1 Corinthians 13
9. What is Archbishop Gregory’s favorite Atlanta area golf course?
a) Cherokee Town and Country North Golf Course
b) Atlanta Athletic Club Riverside Course
c) Ansley Golf Club Settindown Course
d) Bear’s Best Suwanee
10. What is Archbishop Gregory’s golf handicap?