Published September 1, 2016
ATLANTA—Marist School has announced the conclusion of “The Way. The Hope. The Promise. The Campaign for Marist School,” a $35 million capital campaign.
The campaign, which exceeded its goal by raising $37.2 million, has funded all of the projects of the first phase of the school’s campus master plan. Additionally, $3.9 million of the total amount raised has been directed to Marist’s endowment to ensure continuation of the school’s mission to form the whole person in the image of Christ.
“The Way. The Hope. The Promise.” was the largest campaign in Marist School’s 115-year history and the first in over a decade.
As a result of the campaign, Marist increased classroom space by 40 percent, faculty office space by 80 percent, and cafeteria seating by 75 percent. Projects funded by the campaign include the construction of Ivy Street Center, a multi-purpose academic and athletic building named in honor of the street in downtown Atlanta on which Marist was founded in 1901; the refurbishment of St. Peter Chanel Hall, the school’s main classroom building; the purchase and development of property across Nancy Creek, which added two practice fields, a volleyball court, two miles of cross country trails, and parking; the addition of a glass-walled dining area; substantial renovations to Esmond Brady Memorial Chapel; the addition of synthetic turf in Hughes Spalding Stadium; a more formal front entrance; and enhancements to Marist’s fine arts facilities. All renovations and new construction are LEED-qualified.
Cathy Belatti, Marist School trustee, along with her husband, Frank, chaired the capital campaign.
“The Marist community came together in an extraordinary way to support this momentous undertaking. Throughout the course of the campaign, we had the pleasure of hearing from alumni, parents, grandparents, faculty and staff, students, and friends about the profound effect Marist has had on their lives,” said Marist Father John Harhager, the school president.